Emily Designs

Friverr | Upwork | Freelancer | Dribbble

GIGS

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Icon Design Process: Creating Simple and Professional Icons

Introduction
Icons are small visual elements, but they play an important role in websites, mobile applications and digital products. In this project, I created a set of icons designed to be simple, clear and easy to understand.

Planning the Icon Style
Before drawing the icons, I decided on a consistent visual style. I considered the shape, line thickness, spacing and level of detail so that all icons would look like part of the same collection.

Sketching the Ideas
I started by exploring several simple concepts for each icon. The goal was to communicate the meaning of each icon using as few visual elements as possible.

Creating the Digital Icons
After selecting the strongest concepts, I recreated them digitally. I focused on consistent proportions, alignment and spacing so that the icons would work well together.

 

Choosing Colours
Colour can help icons stand out and communicate meaning. I selected colours that worked well together while keeping enough contrast for good visibility.
Testing at Different Sizes
Icons often appear very small, especially in mobile apps and navigation menus. I tested the designs at different sizes to make sure the important shapes remained recognizable.
Final Result
The completed icon set uses a consistent visual language and can be adapted for websites, applications, interfaces and other digital-design projects.

What I Learned
This project helped me understand the importance of simplicity, consistency, spacing and readability when creating icon systems.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot